NIRVAIR.IN, LGBTi+  Updates, Stories, Events, NEWS and Issues offers Gay, Lesbian, Transgender's, latest NEWS, updates, issues and events. Covering every possible articles for LGBT+ around the Globe, specially from India and neighbouring countries.

Thursday, 9 November 2017

Transgender who allegedly beaten, harassed by army men still waiting for justice.

Even after four months of FIR no arrest had been made, the story was as follows:- 
"In yet another assault against transgenders in the country, one of them was assaulted by Army personnel in Secunderabad. The 34-year-old transgender alleged that she was molested by at least around 10 army men stationed at Secunderabad Parade Grounds. Following which, a member of the transgender community lodged a police complaint at the Begumpet police station in Hyderabad yesterday on Saturday. However, the incident came to light after a social activist posted about it on social media. The activist took to social media and shared photos of the victim showing bruise marks. There were also injury marks on the victim’s body."

What Army replied, that time
However, the army issued a statement saying, “No force was used by the Army personnel and the allegations made by the transgender person are unfounded and baseless.” A case of assault under sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) against the army personnel was filed at Begumpet Police Station. The police said that they are verifying the matter. Their statement read, “On the night of July 8, some transgender persons trespassed into the Parade Ground. As per the security procedure, the Army personnel at the site requested them to vacate the premises as they are guarding the defence land. On the contrary, the transgender persons were aggressive, abusive and tried to assault the personnel.”

Along with pictures of the victim, Rachana Mudraboyina wrote on Facebook, “Military personnel brutality at parade grounds, Secunderabad. Dragged a trans woman in late hour and tried to denude her, beat her into red.(sic.).” As per reports, the victim tried to free from their clutches and reached out to a police van patrolling in the area who were recording the incident. When the army personnel realised it they stopped the cops and broke the phone they were recording into pieces. 

No comments:

Post a comment